RE: How to "catch" FORWARD packets in POSTROUTING chain?

>      I have lan (10.0.0.0/8) and server (10.1.1.1 for lan, dynamic ip
>      from my ISP). I use MASQUERADE to allow lan computer connects to
>      internet. eth0 connects to lan, ppp0 for internet.
>
>      All traffic lan <--> internet passes through FORWARD chain. How
>      can I "catch" this traffic in POSTROUTING chain?

define "catch."  you could say that you are already "catching" the traffic with your MASQUERADE rule--as it would have to be in the POSTROUTING chain of the NAT table...  maybe you want to log the traffic before it gets MASQ'ed?  then:

	iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o $EXT_IF -j LOG

Or are you trying to do something else?  Maybe the POSTROUTING chain of the MANGLE table?

	iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o $EXT_IF -j crunch_n_munch

-j