RE: VPN?

> On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 12:30:28PM -0400, Jason Opperisano wrote:
> >         # modprobe ip_conntrack_pptp
>
> FATAL: Module ip_conntrack_pptp not found.
>
> >         # modprobe ip_nat_pptp
>
> FATAL: Module ip_nat_pptp not found.
>
> > heh heh--well the pptp-conntrack-nat patch doesn't actually officially suppo
rt the 2.6 kernel:

> Now what do you suggest? Do I have to download anything?

i suggest you decide how much you're willing to do to get PPTP connections to work.  options as i see them:

- downgrade to a 2.4 kernel and apply pptp-conntrack-nat patch from POM

- try using the 2.6.8.0.rc1.2 kernel from the mandrake cooker repository that has the pptp modules pre-compiled in

- stick with the setup you have and accept that PPTP won't work through your firewall

i'm not recommending any one of the above over another--the choice is up to you.  i'm just trying to help you understand your options.

if anyone else is aware of some other avenue of getting the pptp modules to patch/compile against 2.6, please chime in.  it at least appears to be possible, as the mandrake cooker guys pulled it off.

-j