From: netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 7:37 PM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Log Problem

On Monday 09 August 2004 6:11 pm, David Ashwood wrote:

> Thanks for responding Antony,
>
> 1) Same problem as before ' iptables: No chain/target/match by that name'
>
> 2) User defined chains work - and I can put a drop rule without problems.
>
> Kernel:
> A new box just bought - I thought the kernel was old - but I had to demo a
> product for a client - and wanted to get that done before I pester the VPS
> hosts to upgrade the kernel.

VPS?

My recommendation is a kernel recompile (without changing the version for
now).   Should take about 15 minutes.

Once you've done the demo and have time to think about things, get a current

kernel, do a "make oldconfig", and build something up-to-date.

Hope this helps,

Antony.

--
Late in 1972 President Richard Nixon announced that the rate of increase of
inflation was decreasing.   This was the first time a sitting president used

a third derivative to advance his case for re-election.

 - Hugo Rossi, Notices of the American Mathematical Society

                                                     Please reply to the
list;
                                                           please don't CC
me.