Re: firewall problem continued

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 09:32:13AM +0100, Antony Stone wrote:

> I think you should specify the output interface in your MASQUERADE rules, so
> that only packets going out of the Internet interface get SNATted - otherwise
> packets going between your internal LAN and the DMZ are going to get SNATted
> too, which is not really what you want.

Does this look OK?

-A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 -o eth2 -j MASQUERADE
-A POSTROUTING -s 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 -o eth2 -j MASQUERADE

> This may be because you say you have a Squid proxy running on the firewall
> itself.   If you were just doing standard HTTP, the ruleset you have posted
> looks like you should have access to TCP dport 80 on the DMZ from the LAN.

Yes I do have squid running on firewall machine itself.

> Why would you need to access 25/110 from the firewall?   Surely it isn't
> acting as a mail client?

Right now I will keep it as they are if they are not harming much. I will
remove them a bit later.

> What Squid access controls do you have?

Nothing much, it is very simple.
acl designs src 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
http_access allow designs

Direct IP. http://<public Ip>/mail

> There is a default ACCEPT policy, there are also some ACCEPT rules (and no
> DROP rules), and the -m state rule is included twice....

People here suggested to me that default ACCEPT policy was OK.
As I said earlier, I am unable to access DMZ's external IP from the
firewall machine. If I try
telnet <external IP of DMZ> 80
I cannot reach it,
But I can reach the same with,