RE: Problem configuring masquerading Gateway on RedHat 9.0...

> #iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
> and
> #echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

are those the only commands you've issued?  do you have a script that is creating additional rules that you're not including here?  the output of "iptables -vnL; iptables -t nat -vnL; iptables -t mangle -vnL" would be helpful.

> The problem is I can ping or telnet a remote host from
> an internal network but browsers say 'unknown host'
> when I try to load a remote site.

are you pinging/telnetting by IP address, and then trying to load a web page via FQDN?  if so, my guess would be that your problem is DNS resolution.

-j