Re: [OT] Linux Security

On Thursday 05 August 2004 10:26 pm, Zoup wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 August 2004 06:08, Peter Marshall Wrote:
> > I know this is a bit off topic ... but ... Does anyone know a good Linux
> > security book ?  ( possibly related Redhat / fedora).
>
> Try Ziegler 'Linux Firewalls second edition' from 'New Riders' , which is
> great !

IMHO that's an adequate Firewalls book (although Chapman & Zwicky is arguably
a better coverage of firewalling concepts, without the Linux specifics),
however I wouldn't say that Ziegler fits the OP's request for "a good Linux
security book", as it doesn't discuss host hardening or application
vulnerability testing.

I would recommend Hacking Linux Exposed by Hatch, Lee & Kurtz: Osborne /
McGraw Hill, 0-07-212773-2 and Maximum Linux Security by Anonymous: Sams,
0-672-31670-6.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"It would appear we have reached the limits of what it is possible to achieve
with computer technology, although one should be careful with such

 - John von Neumann (1949)

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.