Re: Blocking IMs

Hi,

If you are running a route/firewall then you have to do things in
FORWARD that is...

## Droping all yahoo related ports voice, messaging, gaming
iptables -I FORWARD -o ppp0 -s IpOfClient -p tcp -m multiport --dport
5000,5001,5100,5050,11999 -j DROP

# Replace -o ppp0 with your out interface, if you have different then ppp0
  for example -o eth0

##Droping MSN packets
iptables -I FORWARD -o ppp0 -s IpOfClient -p tcp --dport 1836

However if you are doing some transparent proxing, for example if you
are running squid on the same machine that is the firewall/router
machine then replace FORWARD with OUTPUT

iptables -I OUTPUT -o ppp0 -s IpOfClient -p tcp -m multiport --dport
5000,5001,5100,5050,11999 -j DROP

##Droping MSN packets
iptables -I OUTPUT -o ppp0 -s IpOfClient -p tcp --dport 1836

Regards
Askar