Re: More neqbie questions

On Monday 02 August 2004 6:46 pm, Eric Ellis wrote:

> This is one of those things that's been hounding me for the past few
> weeks that I can't understand what's *exactly* going on...
>
> I've been using the IPTables tutorial from
> http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/chunkyhtml/index.html, as has
> been pointed out and recommended by many of the list's pros.  It's a
> great tutorial, and I highly recommend it.
>
> However, I have either glossed something covered in it, or I have a
> fundamental misunderstanding of some part of IPTables.
>
> I know that the route works.  I've verified it.  I can move IPTraffic
> when I set all of my policies on my filter script to accept.  However,
> when I set my policies on my script to drop, Nothing talks any more.

My recommendation is to put a LOG rule at the end of each chain, just before
the default DROP policy takes effect, and you'll see what packets are getting
that far and then being lost.

Regards,

Antony.

--
If J. Random Websurfer clicks on a button that promises dancing pigs on his
computer monitor, and instead gets a hortatory message describing the

 - Bruce Schneier "Secrets and Lies"

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.