RE: SMB auth and Iptables...

Squid with NTLM authentication will provide this functionality

-----Original Message-----
From: netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gustavo Castro Puig
Sent: 29 July 2004 21:51
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SMB auth and Iptables...

Hi, guys:

    One customer asked me about the possibility of install in an iptables based firewall some sort of solution (perhaps a proxy) it could add/delete rules based on users login into a SMB(Samba/NT) server. He want to grant or deny access to Internet (TCP/IP) based on authenticated users, not the IP or MAC. It's not a bad idea, but I don't know if it even exists... I've googled and found nothing about this kind of solution. Anyway, I told him I could check it out, and... here I am. :-)

    Do you have any idea about a solution like this using iptables and "something" else?

    Any info will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks!

Cheers,

    Gustavo.