Getting output Mac Address

I'm in the process of writing a netfilter kernel module. I would like to be
able to see the entire packet including the mac addresses of the source and
destination in my module.
For incoming packets I can get the incoming mac source and destination
addresses from (*skb)->mac.ethernet->h_source (*skb)->mac.ethernet->h_dest.
When I filter on outgoing packets using NF_IP_POST_ROUTING and
NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT the hardware address fields are not filed in. I dug up a
post that said those fields are filled in after the packet passes though
all netfilter hooks, is this correct? If so I'm looking for an alternative
method so that I can get the source and destination hardware addresses for
outgoing packets in my netfilter module. Anyone have any suggestions on
approaches to take?

Thanks

Ryan Hagelstrom