Re: best way of knowning what matches and targets are available

Hi Victor.

 Victor wrote:
>I have found /proc/net/ip_tables_matches and /proc/net/targets. Is reading
>those 'files' the way to go? Can i be sure that if a match is listed
>in /proc/net/ip_tables_matches i can really use it?

Sure you can, except for 'ERROR' (which is spaced from other targets).
All targets/tables/matches register against iptables at load time and,
built-in or modules, those are listed in
/proc/net/ip_tables_{matches,targets,names}

As far as I know, this is the best way to do it.

>Regards,
>Victor

Cheers,

--