Re: Passed chains from local process to local ip

Hello,
Thanks, for your answer.

> Anyway, I must admit I have some difficulties to understand your context
> and the particular reason why A cannot listen on ip-a, ip-c, ip-d and
> ip-e. The fact is locally generated packets NAT works. I use it all the
> time for SSH redirections, but I never tried it on locally destined
> traffic. The more I can say is try and see for yourself, but I guess it
> will work (don't forget local traffic is bound to lo interface, whatever
> local addresses it uses as source or destination).

My Context:
ip-a: mysql 3
ip-c: mysql 3
ip-d: mysql 3
ip-e: mysql 3

new ip: ip-b: mysql 4.0

i can bind mysql to one or to all ip-addresses. so it's not possible to bind
mysql 3 to all ip-addresses without ip-b.

my idea:
bind mysql3 to ip-a and "redirect" ip-c, -d, -e to ip-a.

Greetings
Andreas

--
250 MB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat, 1000 MB Online-Festplatte
Jetzt GMX TopMail kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail