Re: avoid NAT for one address?

On Saturday 24 July 2004 6:00 pm, Les Mikesell wrote:

> So, the long story comes down to this question: is there a simple
> statement I can add to force all packets to a certain destination
> to skip over all the other special cases and go directly out the
> right interface with no nat or other changes?  I'd like to keep the
> changes to a minimum since everything else works.

iptables -I POSTROUTING -t nat -d a.b.c.d -j ACCEPT

where a.b.c.d is the destination address for packets you don't want anything
changed on.

The "-I" will insert this rule at the top of the POSTROUTING chain, and "-j
ACCEPT" will skip all the other rules in the chain.

If you want to do this for a block of addresses, you can use a.b.c.d/x, or if
you want to do it for multiple unrelated addresses, just repeat the rule for
each address.

Regards,

Antony.

--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.