Re: ftp access problem

Hi Anthony,

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:22:16 +0100, Antony Stone
<antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday 24 July 2004 11:05 am, Askar Ali Khan wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > On my router/firewall which acting i am getting problem while anyone
> > tries to connect to ftp server he connected successfully however when
> > he types and command for example "ls" ftp server return error "500
> > Illegal PORT range rejected"
> > Everything else is working fine.
>
> I see you are doing NAT on this firewall.   Do you have the nat_ftp support
> module loaded or compiled in to your kernel?
>
> Without that module, netfilter will not see the PORT commands in the FTP
> packets, and will not know what to do with the data connection on port 20
> associated with the control connection onn port 21.
#modprobe nat_ftp
   modprobe: Can't locate module nat_ftp

I modprobe for nat_ftp on my route/firewall "slackware 2.4.26" and
also on another machine FC1 and both return the same thing.
what to do now?
May I have to go for kernel compilation? :(

Also pls check these echos and I will greatly appreciate if you
explain the usage of this echos becuase i copied it from somewhere
else :D

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/proxy_arp
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/rp_filter
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/accept_source_route
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/accept_redirects