Re: again problem with alias / virtual interface

> > -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp -m state -i eth1:1 -d 82.186.92.91 --dport
25 --state
> > NEW -j ACCEPT
>
> And here is the error.
>
> As me (and I believe Antony, possibly others) already told you,
> Netfilter does not know about virtual interfaces.  Virtual interfaces
> are abstractions that exist in higher levels of kernel than Netfilter
> is.  Netfilter is concerned only on which *physical* interface the
> packet is.  Replace "-i eth1:1" with "-i eth1" in above rule (and same
> for all other virtual interfaces you have) and you'll be fine:
>
> -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp -m state -i eth1 -d 82.186.92.91 --dport 25
> --state NEW -j ACCEPT

I've tried with just eth1 but the rule is not applied, or it seems not to be
applied

I've seen that using virtual interfaes is deprecated so I tryed to set
multilple ip with iproute.
If I set network interfaces only with iproute and not with ifconfig, network
configuration seems to be absent.
If I set network with ifconfig and not with iproute, network configuration
seems ok
So I can't to use iproute (to set interfaces) and iptables becacuse network
configuration is absent.

best regards

marco

 Sponsor:

 Rinfresca la tua estate con i climatizzatori ed i ventilatori

* che trovi disponibili? Crios, Orieme, Hokkaido, Argo, Carrier, Vortice

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2650&d=20-7