"-p ICMP -m state --state RELATED" works????

Hi people, i´m configuring a firewall with iptables and have a little
trouble. I want filter the icmp packets type 3 and 11
(destination-unreachable and time-exceeded). I want that the firewall block
all packets of this type that don´t be RELATED to another connection. I
tried with this rule:

iptables -A -p icmp --icmp-type 3 -m state --state RELATED -j ACCEPT

but this don´t work. I hace tried all combinations of state value (
NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED) but nothing seems work.
However, the icmp type echo-reply and echo-request works fine with state
control (NEW and ESTABLISHED):
iptables -A INPUT -p icmp --icmp-type 8 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p icmp --icmp-type 0 -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j
ACCEPT

 Is it possible only a type of icmp packets works with state control? Is it
a bug? I hope someone can help me, than you.

Carlos.