Problem: ISA card & iptables (2.4.26) - disappearing packets

1. introduction (you can bypass this part).

I had already configured firewall/router (based on debian distribution
is has only a few things in common with debian).

But I wanted to change it to gentoo. And to put an ISA card into my PC.

At first I've configured everything with my old PCI cards.
After everything worked fine I've changed eth0 to ISA card.

2. some basis

After changing my PCI card to ISA card firewall gone down :(

I'm using same script to run my firewall/router.
I have modules 'ne' and 'ne2k-pci' compiled as modules into kernel.
There are 8139too module, too (for my eth2 interface).
It looks like this:

               +------------------------+
               |   FIREWALL / ROUTER    |
               |                        |
               | eth0 (ISA or PCI, BNC) = <--> LAN 2 (BNC) (10.0.0.1)
               |                        |
               | eth1 (PCI, RJ)         = <--> LAN 1 (RJ)  (10.0.1.1)
               |                        |
internet  <--> = eth2 (PCI, RJ)         |
               |                        |
               +------------------------+

In my script there is no MAC rules. I'm doing something like this: iptables -t filter -P FORWARD ACCEPT iptables -t filter -P INPUT ACCEPT iptables -t filter -P OUTPUT ACCEPT echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ip_forward iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth2 -j SNAT --to $my_IP After rebooting my system "LAN 1" is connected to the internet, but the problem is with "LAN 2". I'll describe two situation:

(a) When network card NE2000 UMC9008 is inserted into pc (it's set up on
the first place so it's eth0). I'm using module 'ne.o'.

(b) When network card NE2000 realtek rtl8139 is inserted into pc and set
up as eth0. I'm using module 'ne2k-pci.o'

3. Problem

In (b) case both networks ("LAN 1" and "LAN 2") are connected to the internet. After executing on my router tcpdump -i eth0 -v -n and ping google.pl on some machine connected to this internet I'm watching packets going to 10.0.0.1 and google's reply's. Executing iptables -t filter -L -v -n gives me statistics that are rising up while I'm sending ping's.

In (a) case network "LAN 1" is connected to the internet, while "LAN 2" is not. After executing on my router tcpdump -i eth0 -v -n and ping google.pl on some machine connected to this internet I'm watching packets going to 10.0.0.1 but no google's reply's (packets are not even forwarded to eth2). Executing iptables -t filter -L -v -n gives me statistics that are stable. No packets are reciver trough iptables. However ping 10.0.0.1 gives me replies (but iptables is not 'catching' it.)

Another strange thing:
I can execute
	ping 10.0.0.x
from my router and then I'm reciving replies (no mather if it is PCI or
ISA card installed).

Can somebody tell me what is happening?

Configuration is the same in both cases. Only network cards differ.
Both cards are working fine (cause 'tcpdump' is giving me an output).

My machine's configuration:
My mother board is PC-Chips M577 (VIA MVP3 chipset).
I have 'gentoo-hardened' sources.
I have checked linux-2.4.26 (clean, unpatched), too.

Many thanks for any help Regards --- Adderek