OT: alias for a network card

Hi,
Excuse for this OT question here. But I don't know where I can get an
answer. While doing  NAT i need to have alias IPs for my router
machine like,
# ipconfig eth0:1 192.168.0.4

But these rules are lost once the machine is rebooted. How can I  make
them permanent?
I thought of putting these in rc.local but it rather crude approach as
my firewall might be started before that. I use Mandrake Linux.

Thanks a lot in advance.
With warm regards,
-Payal