Re: ssh

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 4:57 pm, Koyama Mituru wrote:

> > Should all incoming ports that relate to a service such as SSH, FTP use
> > -m state --state NEW?
> >
> > What are the security implications (if any) of not using -m state
> > --state NEW?
>
> iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
>
> I don't want other packets.

That's a good security attitude.

Antony.

--
"Note: Windows 98, Windows 98SE and Windows 95 are not affected by [MS
Blaster].   However, these products are no longer supported.   Users of these

(which *are* affected by MS Blaster...)

http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.