Re: SSH Connections Lost After 1 minute idle

Jason Opperisano wrote:

Dunno if this is relevant--but I had similar symptoms SSH-ing to an OpenBSD
SSH server through IPTables on RH running through an OpenVPN tunnel
(RH/IPTables was the OVPN server)...  I didn't really spend the proper time
troubleshooting what was actually causing it--so this may not apply to your
situation at all... (enough disclaimers yet?)

What fixed it for me was setting the following in sshd_config of the SSH
server:

  ClientAliveInterval 10
  ClientAliveCountMax 6

Again--no idea if this is of any value to anyone...

The corresponding settings for the client (if you want to do it there instead) are:

serveraliveinterval 10
serveralivecountmax 6

client config is stored in ~/.ssh/config

Pádraig.