Re: SSH Connections Lost After 1 minute idle

Basically I've created a port forwarding firewall with
two network interfaces, that's sole purpose is to
forward incoming SSH packets on one interface (WAN)
through the other interface (LAN) to a local SSH
server.

I've done this using IPtables and the mangle table.

It works great, except for the fact that connections
are dropped if left idle for 1 minute.

I have tried allowing all ICMP for
INPUT,OUTPUT,FORWARD as well as creating static ARP
entries on the firewall, and nothing has helped.

If anyone knows what else may cause 1 minute idle
connection timeouts , please let me know.

This connection timeout issue does not occur for LAN
clients connecting to the SSH server. They can remain
idle for an indefinate period of time.