Re: how to automate ip_forward

On Thursday 08 July 2004 1:00 pm, Peter Marshall wrote:

> Hey guys, I know this sounds stupid, but I can not seem to get the value of
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward to be 1 after boot.  I tried putting the echo
> 1 > /pro...../ip_forward in my iptables script .... (BTW, I have a bash
> script with my rules in it and a startup script in rc2.d that calls it)

If you have done that and it's still ending up as 0 afterwards, then something
else on your system must be writing 0 to it without you knowing.

Try doing a grep on everything in /etc downwards for ip_forward to see if ytou
can find some other script which is messing you about:

grep -ri ip_forward /etc

Regards,

Antony.

--
This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.