Re: ip_conntrack_max

On Thursday 08 July 2004 10:38 am, Fallucchi Antonio wrote:

> hi
>
> i have the problem width "ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet."
>
> what is the good and max dimension  of the ip_conntrack_max ?

The answer to this depends on:

1. How many connections you need to support through your firewall.
2. How much memory you have in your machine (each connection table entry uses
a small amount of memory, therefore this is what sets the limit on the
maximum size you can make it on a given machine.

What is the output of "wc -l /proc/net/ip_conntrack", and how much memory do
you have in your system?

Regards,

Antony.

--
In science, one tries to tell people
in such a way as to be understood by everyone

In poetry, it is the exact opposite.

 - Paul Dirac

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.