Re: telnet question

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 7:45 pm, Askar Ali Khan wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:08:36 +0100, Antony Stone
>
> <antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 July 2004 10:32 am, Askar Ali Khan wrote:

> > > okay i will try with dumy IPs, I don't know whats more information you
> > > are asking for :)?
> >
> > We need to understand  how your computers are connected together - ie:
> > what shape your network is.   Imagine one of us had to recreate your
> > network layout in our own office - give us enough information that we'd
> > be able to do that.
>
> machine C is sorta access server we connect it though telnet, and we
> first connect to net using dialup and then telnet to machine C, first
> we ssh to one of our Linux machine and then telnet to C, however its
> possible to telnet directly to C, however due to security we prefer
> first SSHing then from there Telnetting
> all systems are on same netmask.

Okay, so you have a flat network with only one subnet.

In that case I don't understand where netfilter comes into the question,
because netfilter runs on routers (and helps them say "no" to certain
packets, basically), and you don't have a router between machines on the same
subnet.

So, you have three machines all on the same subnet, called A, B and C.

Please state clearly what the problem is, and where you have netfilter
installed.

Regards,

Antony.

--
The words "e pluribus unum" on the Great Seal of the United States are from a
poem by Virgil entitled "Moretum", which is about cheese and garlic salad