Still having problems...

I sorry to be such a newbie, but I still cannot get my firewall up and running.

Actually, I had it working with the enclosed script, until I generated /etc/sysconfig/iptables using /sbin/service iptables save.

After I tried to get things to spin up at boot time it quit working...not sure what I did.

I erased my tracks, can still ping and set the net before loading iptables. Afterwords, I can't even ping the 192.168.1.1 interface on the same machine!

Anyway, jason, antony, dick, a lot of you have been very helpful. Thank you so much for your continued help and patience.

It is starting to make sense, but I still don't get it. I'm also in processing of up2dating my linux. maybe that will help.

fwscript is the script I'm using (from Jason with slight mods). I run it after I connect ppp0 and get an ip from my isp, before running dhcpd. stillnowork is the output of iptables-save.

Like I said, it worked until I tried to get it to start at boot time.

Thanks,

Sam