Re: CONNMARK No chain/target/match problem

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 20:16, Michael Eck wrote:

> I'm unable to get CONNMARK rules to work.  Issuing
> # iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -j CONNMARK --restore-mark
> yields:
> # iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
>
> Now, I've loaded ip_conntrack module with
> # modprobe ip_conntrack
> lsmod indicates that the module is loaded

You need

1) the connmark kernel module, ipt_CONNMARK.ko, and
2) the iptables userland library, libipt_CONNMARK.so.

Connection tracking and connection marking are different things,
although the latter is implemented as an extension to the former.

Ciao,
Sheldon.