Re: traceroute

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 5:28 pm, Piszcz, Justin Michael wrote:

> I was not aware he had a DMZ.

I am not aware whether he has a DMZ either.

As I understood the problem, he's trying to traceroute from a machine inside
his network to a machine outside his network.

That means the packets will be going through his FORWARD chain, and it doesn't
make a difference either way whether he has a DMZ or not (nor does it make a
difference whether either of the endpoints of the traceroute is *within* the
DMZ...)

Regards,

Antony.

PS: Is there any chance you could stop top-posting on the list please?   It
gets awfully confusing when people do that...

--
If you can't find an Open Source solution for it, then it isn't a real
problem.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.