Von: netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx im Auftrag von Gessler Gerhard
Gesendet: Mi 30.06.2004 14:21
An: Li Xinyi; netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: AW: how to build a routing/packet filtering experimental environment on single PC

You might want to take look at UML (User Mode Linux). I know that for example the OpenSWAN team uses it to test their IPsec implementation on a single PC. They setup 4 UML instances for 4 virtual PCs and connect them via
uml_netjig ( if I am not wrong). More details can be found at http://wiki.openswan.org/index.php/UMLTesting.

Hope this helps,

    Gerhard