Re: transparent proxying NTP

Ah, ok. Well: my gateway is 192.168.64.1 and also runs the timeserver so I'm
doing only DNAT here then?

>     If the DNATted machine is NOT the linux router that is doing the DNAT,
> you WILL need the SNAT rule too. If you dont use, DNATted machine will try
> to answer directly to the machine that requested the update. And that
> machine is not expecting anything from that IP. So, SNATting to linux router
> IP is needed if DNATting to a machine in the network.

Folkert van Heusden

| UNIX sysop? Then give MultiTail ( http://www.vanheusden.com/multitail/ ) |
| a try, it brings monitoring logfiles to a different level! See:          |
| http://www.vanheusden.com/multitail/features.html for a feature list.    |