Re: state table not working

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 04:38, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:
> >
> > > tcpdump I won't be able to get until it fails again, but it's
> > > 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl (did it with kernel-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl too).
> >
> > First I'd make sure the server truly responds to the client request
> > *and* the packet is missed somehow by netfilter. That'd mean to run
> > tcpdump on the interface facing to the server so that the relevant packets
> > could be captured.
>
> Yeah, I've been running tcpdump/ethereal on the external interface to
> make sure.  If I drop iptables/restart firewall, everything works just
> fine.

That's strange then: the traffic dump you posted contained the client
SYN request but did not show the SYN/ACK reply from the server at all.

What does it mean 'drop iptables/restart firewall'? Delete all rules,
remove all modules including ip_conntrack and restart?

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx