Re: How to make 1 I/P look as if from many?

On Thursday 17 June 2004 8:23 am, Kevin Robertson wrote:

> I have a project that requires a kind of reverse NAT. That is, to make one
> IP address appear as if it is coming from many IP addresses.
>
> I understand that you can give a range of I/P address such as:
>
> ## Change source addresses to 1.2.3.4, 1.2.3.5 or 1.2.3.6
> # iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j SNAT --to 1.2.3.4-1.2.3.6
>
> however, the other element is I would like it to round robin through the IP
> address range and not use the "least currently used" IP algorithm.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on how to accomplish this?

I would have thought converting "least used" to "round robin" would be a
fairly simple hack to the SNAT source code?   Certainly much easier than the
other way around, anyway...

Regards,

Antony.

--
Ramdisk is not an installation procedure.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.