Re: Output Chain Problem... (nfcan: addressed to exclusive sender for this address)

On 2004.06.18 10:49, Antony Stone - Antony@Soft-Solutions. co.uk wrote:

Yes, I understand your point, and no, you're not wrong (at least, not wrong
to be puzzled by what's going on, anyway). I similarly cannot understand
why
you have 19 packets hitting the default policy, which do
not get logged by a LOG rule put at the end of the chain.

Can anyone else here see something we're both obviously
missing?

One thing I notice in the log line is that the log level
is set to 4. Is it possible that his syslogd or klogd logging rules do not log messages of that high a level?

0 0 LOG all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0
0.0.0.0/0 LOG flags 0 level 4 prefix `Output:'

Jim