RE: Redundant netfilter gateway

> I think this is the only realy full redundant opensource firewall
> available.

I've used linux-ha's heartbeatd in the past. I've had mixed results, so I can't recommend it before you try it. It does perform  automatic MAC failover with gratuitous arp's. I used it on a 5 net homed setup and I found issues with the takeover. Maybe a 2 network link would behave better.

SARU I believe was never actually implemented, or at least not yet. The Linux Virtual Server seems to have 'something' but I can't say that I know what it does. The netfilter module listed in their download page seems to indicate that its an active state failover.

Harald Welte is also developing a netfilter failover module, but I haven't heard much of that in the past 6 months.