Re: deleting a conntrack record

On Thursday 17 June 2004 4:07 pm, Tobias DiPasquale wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a module that exports a /proc entry which takes a string with 4
> args in it (src IP/port and dst IP/port) and then attempts to delete
> the conntrack entry for the TCP connection associated with those
> arguments.
>
> The problem is as follows:
>
> There is a userspace script that runs from cron every 5 minutes. It
> looks through the /proc/net/ip_conntrack listing to see if any
> connections are "stale" (i.e. haven't seen a packet from them in
> some amount of time). It then feeds their connection information
> into my module's /proc entry so that those conntrack records can
> be destroyed.

Why not just use the built-in timeouts to delete stale entries from the
conntrack table?

You can adjust the timeout settings using entries in
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter and I believe there may be a p-o-m update to
give even further fine-grained control.

Regards,

Antony.

--
I own three Windows books, published by O'Reilly.   They are "Windows
Annoyances", "Office 97 Annoyances" and "Windows 98 Annoyances".   That

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.