Re: VPN PPTP

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 9:19 pm, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 June 2004 8:57 pm, Luis GUSTAVO wrote:
> > yes.. i use NAT.
> >
> > but i download patch-o-matic, and apply pptp-nat.
> >
> > which rules i use now ?
>
> The ones I suggested earlier (with the addition, of course, of the
> appropriate NAT rules, which presumably need to go in your PREROUTING chain
> (if you're doing destination NAT?).

Just in case your next posting was going to be something like "I have those
rules, but it doesn't work", here is a suggestion for how to find out what's
not working.

Add two LOGging rules to the end of your FORWARD chain, one specifying at
least one of (a) the source address of the remote client, and/or (b) the
destination address of the server on your network, and the other specifying
at least one of (a) the source address of your local server, and/or (b) the
destination address of the remote client.

Then the LOG output will show you any packets going between the two machines
which are not being properly processed by the ACCEPT rules I suggested
earlier, and you can see what sort of packets they are, and add appropriate
rules to let them through.

Regards,

Antony.

--
The lottery is a tax for people who can't do maths.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.