Re: blocking all traffic in port 137/137

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 9:47 am, david wrote:

> Dear all,
> When i look at "IPTRAF", i see lot of broadcast traffic that using port 137
> and 138,

You must have Windows machines on your network, then - that's how Microsoft
networking works - using broadcasts on the local subnet.

> how to make rules that can block all traffic in port 137 and 138,

Why bother?   It's broadcast traffic - it's not going anywhere (through a
router), and if your firewall doesn't listen on those ports, nothing's going
to happen anyway.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"The future is already here.   It's just not evenly distributed yet."

 - William Gibson

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.