Re: Traffic accounting over ULOG inefficient?

Thilo Schulz <arny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am still inexperienced with kernel programming, I would be
> grateful for any pointers or hints on how to achieve this "real time
> traffic tracking" without either having to read out any iptable
> counters every 10 minutes or queue entire packets to userspace.
> Would a small kernel module do the trick?

There is a patch in patch-o-matic for ctnetlink that implements a
different type of interface to get these counters from connection
tracking but I can't seem to find out any information on it aside
from questions about it go unanswered.
--
Chris Green <cmg@xxxxxxx>