Re: how to forward traffic to MS Exchange?

---------- quoting Ludo Stellingwerff ----------
> You could try to SNAT the specific traffic to the LAN address of the
> firewall.
>
> Like: $IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $LAN_NIC -p tcp --dport 25 -d
> 192.168.120.10  -j SNAT --to-source $LOCAL_LAN_ADDRESS
> (a very insecure setup, switch it off afterwards!)
>
> This will give you the possibility to rule-out accesscontrol issues in
> exchange. If still doesn't work it's more likely to be a netfilter
> problem, if it does work it's more likely an Exchange trouble.

Yep indeed, when I use your rule after my DNAT rule, I _can_ connect to
Exchange server, so it seems this is the problem. Exchange server is not
under my control, but now I know where to continue...

Thanks a lot for your help, Ludo!
Greetings, Matthias

--
Donuts.  Is there anything they can't do?

		-- Homer Simpson
		   Marge vs. the Monorail