Re: Linux/Windows pure SSL "VPN" Solution

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 14:10, Small, Jim wrote:
> I have a situation (common) where I need access to my corporate network, but
> the vendor will only allow traffic over ports 80 and 443.  The vendor would
> like me to do an SSL VPN as they do not want to open other ports (read--no
> IPSec).  I would like to do a Linux proof of concept solution using iptables
> and some sort of Open Source SSL VPN (Linux server sitting on the Internet
> or in one of our DMZs).
>
> This looks promising:  http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/outils/ssltunnel/
> It's just what I'm looking for but it doesn't support Windows clients.
>
> I've looked at OpenVPN, CIPE, and vTun, but none of them appear to work only
> over port 443.  OpenVPN works over 443, but also requires UDP/5000 which is
> not possible.
>
> Does anyone know of a pure (TCP/443 only) SSL Open Source solution?
>
> Thanks,
>    <> Jim
>
> PS  I realize this is not a pure iptables question, so I'm prepared for
> flames...  ;-)
It is on the long term road map for the ISCS project
(http://iscs.sourceforge.net) but I don't that will help you now unless
you have some human or financial resources to throw behind it. I'll be
curious to see how you fare - John
--
Open Source Development Corporation
Financially sustainable open source development