Re: Add modules to iptables

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 14:31, Alejandro Kurchis wrote:
> Hi folks !!!
>
> I have Red Hat 9 with Iptables 1.2.7. In iptables, I have all the default
> modules (ip_nat_irc, ip_nat_ftp, etc....) that came with this version af
> iptables.
>
> If I want to add extra modules like ip_conntrack_h323, ip_string or any
> other.....Do I have to re-compile iptables or is there any easy way to do
> that ??? How can I do this pease ??? I'm not an expert so I like the simple
> way....
>
> Special thanks,
>
> Alejandro
I don't recall all the details since it has been a while since I patched
a system but I think you'll find all the information you need in the
patch-o-matic documents.  You can start with
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//netfilter-extensions-HOWTO.html
Good luck - John
--
John A. Sullivan III