Re: Logging MAC

On May 21, 2004 11:25 am, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Friday 21 May 2004 4:07 pm, Marcelus Trojahn wrote:
> > > What version of netfilter are you using?
> >
> > 1.2.10 (CVS one)
>
> Hm - that's more recent than anything I've used.   I'd be a bit surprised
> if the log output format has changed to exclude MAC addresses, but it's
> possible.   I suggest you check the changelogs for recent versions of
> netfilter, and perhaps ask on the developers' list whether this change has
> in fact happened.
>
> Is anyone else here aware of such a change in the log output format?

	/me HMmmmms.

	I note that iptables doesn't log mac addresses it cannot see (i.e. not
directly connected) ... in 1.2.9x (as I and Antony are running) you still see
the MAC= element.  Perhaps in CVS the logging function drops this entry if
MAC="" ?? -- that would indicate that someone on the wireless is being
hijacked as a proxy?? *ugh*

	(Just an off the top o me head thought)

	Alistair