Re: ipq_read timeout

HI Sven,

   Well 1.2.1 was on a different system , that had linux 2.4.2, ip_tables
1.2.7a was on a system that has 2.4.20-8. Ok fine, that means I got it
terribly wrong ;-) . So iptables.o is the object file I get after compiling
iptables.c from source. And after every make, make install the kernel
module ip_tables.o is automatically put in the directory
/lib/modules/2.x.x/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o. This happens even
if I had a different ip_tables version installed earlier ? i.e the earlier
version is overwritten ?. Also, the reason why I got this doubt is :
1) I erased the ip_tables rpm after I installed from source
2) ls -la on /lib/modules/2.x.x/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o shows
me march 14, whereas for all object files in the source directory where I
untarred the iptables 1.2.9 source show me may 19th  i.e yesterday. So is
this kernel module not made while doing a make ?

thanks
Amit

Sven Schuster <schuster.sven@xxxxxx> on 05/19/2004 08:33:27 PM