RE: How to block MSN messenger?

> Sorry, this is not an answer to your question, but I just wanted to
> comment on how we seem to get roughly equal numbers of requests on
> this list from people saying "how can I enable X through my
> firewall", and "how can I block X with my firewall", for identical
> values of X.

True, half are usually home users that are just using the SNAT
facilities because of their ISP's IP policies. The other half are
corporate, educational, and advanced users that actaully want to
implement best practices in protecting their systems.

I'm very glad that both groups can find value in netfilter. The
Netfilter ML has been a very excellent group to work with both in
questions and answers.

Give yourselves a pat on the back. :-)

PS: Does anyone else recommend good ML's/IRC for people to find useful
information in? I find the following Mailing lists useful for my (admin)
work:

Bugtraq: Notifications of security problems and some high-level security
conversations (10-20/day)
http://www.securityfocus.com

Fw-Wiz: General Firewall and Security site, high-level conversations
(1-10/day)

LARTC: Linux networking mostly routing and Traffic Control questions
(8-15/day)