Re: forward or masquerade

On Wednesday 19 May 2004 8:39 pm, azeem ahmad wrote:

> hi all
> i want to drop some traffic being masqueraded by my lan like 21
> where should i drop these packets either in FORWARD chain or in POSTROUTING
> chain

Dropping packets is a filtering action, therefore it should be done in the
filter table of the FORWARD chain.

POSTROUTING does not have a filter table - it has a nat table, and it is for
performing Network Address Translations.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Ramdisk is not an installation procedure.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.