Re: NAT question (forwarding with subdomains)

Thanks for your response you were right that's what I need and your answer
clear! thanks! if I find any solution to this I'll make you know...

"everybody needs to know something more about everything, 'cause nobody
knows at all!"
----------------
don pool

> On Thursday 13 May 2004 6:52 pm, Paul F. Bernal B. - EasyTeck wrote:
>
>> Hi!,
>>
>> I got an internal 192.168.0.0/24 LAN with about 5 web servers including
>> the one which has iptables running and internet output ...
>
> You're running your firewall and a web server on the same machine?
> Ugh...
>
>> What I need to do is:
>>
>> When someone in the Internet asks for http://sub1.mydomain.com/ respons
>> the 192.168.0.3 machine (wich has a web server running port 80)
>>
>> When someone in the Internet asks for http://sub2.mydomain.com/ responds
>> the 192.168.0.4 machine (wich has a web server running port 80)
>
> If DNS resolves sub1.mydomain.com and sub2.mydomain.com as two different
> IP
> addresses, then simple DNAT rules will work here.
>
> If sub1.mydomain.com and sub2.mydomain.com resolve to the same IP address,
> then you cannot do what you want with netfilter (because it works with IP
> addresses and port numbers, not hostnames and domains).
>
> The solution in that case would be Squid or Apache as acceleration proxy
> servers.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antony.
>
> --
> People who use Microsoft software should be certified.
>
>                                                      Please reply to the
> list;
>                                                            please don't CC
> me.