Re: forwarding on the same NIC

On Monday 10 May 2004 8:36 pm, alucard@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi there...
>
>    I have been using netfilter for a while and now, I have to integrate
> some other servers and somehow I can't get it to forward packets.

Change:

> iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT

Into:

iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT

Remember that PREROUTING (where you are changing the port number) happens
before FORWARD.

Regards,

Antony.

--
I don't know, maybe if we all waited then cosmic rays would write all our
software for us. Of course it might take a while.

 - Ron Minnich, Los Alamos National Laboratory

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.