How to drop/reject packets amongst LAN clients?

Hi Group:

Setup:

Linux box acting as gateway/router/firewall for a LAN connected to the
internet by way of DSL connection.
eth0 - goes to the internet
eth1 - is gateway for the LAN
Linux box is using iptables version 1.2.9

Environment:

The LAN currently has 5 computers connected to it with static IP
addresses:

192.168.1.2
192.168.1.3
192.168.1.4
192.168.1.5
192.168.1.6

I will be adding 3 more machines with with static IP addresses:

192.168.1.7
192.168.1.8
192.168.1.9

Issue:

*.9 needs to remain accessible from *.7 and *.8; however, I need to
restrict any connection or accessibility to *.9 from *.2 - *.6.

I know how to restrict all access to *.9 by doing the following rule:

$IPTABLES -t filter -A FORWARD -p all --destination 192.168.1.9 -j DROP
or
$IPTABLES -t filter -A FORWARD -p all --destination 192.168.1.9 -j
REJECT

But I don't know how to craft a rule that allows only some machines to
send/receive data packets to/from *.9 while blocking other machines'
access to *.9 on the LAN.

I don't think prerouting or postrouting is the answer for this situation
but I could be wrong.  Thank you for your time and assistance.  All
guidance and responses are greatly appreciated.

Mike