Re: Simple question

Oriol Magrané wrote:
Hello!
Just one question...
I have a firewall with the INPUT, OUTPUT and FORWARD policies set to DROP, and now I want to allow connections from localhost to localhost (any port). Which chains are implied here? INPUT? OUTPUT? Both?
How should the needed rule(s) be?

You'd need both INPUT and OUTPUT. Just as if it was connection to remote system (just think what rules you would put on both local and remote system if it was remote connection, and than apply both sets of rules to local system, removing duplicates).

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited