Re: Idea: Check session source and destination

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Mike Andersen wrote:

> So, when I can't use DROP in iptables, can I do it with ebtables
> instead?

Don't know. Not familiar with ebtables.

But from what I understnad you do not need to drop the packets, you can
just blackhole them..  effectively the same thing, just happens a little
later, forwarding the packets into a blackhole instead of dropping them in
the middle of the forward process. See "ip route blackhole" or a "dummy
device".

Regards
Henrik