Re: DNAT and promiscuous mode

Le lun 26/04/2004 à 19:03, Travis Johnson a écrit :
> Is it possible to use DNAT on an interface that only runs in promiscuous
> mode to redirect web traffic to a different IP address?
> Traffic does not pass thru the firewall, only a single ethernet
> interface in promiscuous mode.

Yes, you can handle traffic with a promisc interface just the way you
handle it with a normal one as long as it is destined to its MAC
address.

But you may describe your setting and will a bit more, for I don't
really understand the purpose of promisc there.

--
http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE